When video meets marketing, audiences get content that mesmerizes them. Our video marketing statistics for this year make one thing clear: video marketing isn’t going away any time soon. It's often behind huge boosts in clicks and views, reinvigorated content campaigns, and even higher sales.
The concrete ROI is undeniable, and many studies have set out to confirm just that. Read on to discover some of the best video marketing stats of this year and beyond.
Powerful Video Marketing Statistics 2023
We’ve scoured the internet to find you the most helpful—and most interesting—video marketing statistics for 2023 to fuel your campaigns this year and beyond. Below, find our comprehensive list of video marketing facts that might just change the way you think about this valuable marketing medium.
B2C Video Marketing Statistics
When you’re a B2C brand, you’ve always got to keep one crucial detail in mind as you craft video marketing: it has to appeal to a widespread audience. So below, we’ve compiled some statistics to help you make appealing customer-centric video marketing.
- 36% of marketers shared that the main goal of their company’s video marketing efforts is to increase brand awareness and reach new audiences (Hubspot).
- 63% of marketers believe the most trendy content gets the best video engagement (Hubspot).
- Marketers voted for the top actions to ensure the best marketing video and determined three winners: capturing viewers’ attention in the first few seconds at 36%, effectively promoting videos at 36%, and keeping videos concise at 33% (Hubspot).
- 82% of marketers believe video boosted their company’s dwell time (Wyzowl).
- 94% of marketers watched a video themselves and admitted it helped their understanding of product or service (Wyzowl).
- 86% of marketers saw video contribute to getting more leads (Wyzowl).
- 81% of marketers declared video marketing has directly increased their company sales (Wyzowl).
- 49% of marketers saw lower numbers of support calls because of video (Wyzowl).
- 93% of marketers increased brand awareness with video (Wyzowl).
- Marketers use the following metrics to determine the effectiveness of a video: view count at 44%, watch time at 43%, and engagement at 41% (Hubspot).
- 40% of marketers are convinced that one of the biggest successes of their videos has been increased customer understanding of products (Hubspot). 36% of marketers believe video’s biggest success for them has been receiving more engagement than other types of marketing (Hubspot).
- Customers are 46% more likely to search for more content about a product or service when they see it in a video (Buffer).
- After watching a product video, consumers are 85% more likely to commit to purchase (Buffer).
- 96% of all internet users have learned about a product or services by watching an explainer video (Wyzowl).
- 55% of marketers use a mix of organic and paid content when they post social media video (Hubspot).
B2B Video Marketing Statistics
B2B brands have to find a niche and stick to it—and they often have to find favor with key marketing shareholders that hold sway in potential client businesses. Below, find some stats about video marketing we think are especially valuable for B2B companies and their marketing teams.
- 81% of marketers work at a business that has a dedicated video marketing budget, and 52% of marketers reported no change to that video budget this year (Hubspot).
- Most markets surveyed—92%—believe video is an ‘important part’ of their marketing strategy (Wyzowl).
- 42% of marketers say that they achieved higher-quality videos with the help of third party creative agencies (Hubspot).
- 3x the visitors come to a site that has video on it (Buffer).
- Visitors spend 88% more time on sites with video (Buffer).
- Video content caused a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines (Buffer).
- 86% of businesses use video for marketing (Wyzowl).
- According to 65% of marketers, the most costly part of video marketing is production (filming, lighting, and audio) (Hubspot).
- 18% of video marketers said they deployed video for the first time in 2021. Among this group surveyed, 46% said they found it easier to show others how valuable video marketing is. 43% said video was crucial in the face of new obstacles, including the COVID-19 pandemic (Wyzowl).
How much more effective is video marketing?
We have good news: video marketing is worth it. After years as a dominant marketing medium, video is proving once again that it’s as effective—if not more—than we already assumed. Read on for some video content statistics that prove it.
- 59% of marketers surveyed have created a viral video.
- 41% of marketers say video marketing results in high ROI, and 55% of marketers say video marketing results in average ROI (Hubspot).
- 63% of marketers say they get the most engagement on video marketing that covers current events and recent cultural phenomena (Hubspot).
YouTube Video Marketing Statistics
YouTube is still the top online video platform in the country and makes up a huge portion of global streaming traffic. Take a look at the numbers below to see just what role the platform continues to play in video marketing.
- 77% of marketers use YouTube to host video marketing (Hubspot).
- Among the top social media sites for sharing video marketing, the best is YouTube at 70% of markets surveyed, followed by Instagram at 60%, and TikTok at 35% (Hubspot).
- 78% of marketers said YouTube helped them deploy effective video marketing that met goals, while only 8% of marketers believe the same about Vimeo (Hubspot).
Instagram Video Marketing Statistics
After its acquisition by Meta, Facebook’s parent company, Instagram continued its global rise in social media popularity. After the addition of Instagram Stories and other ad presentation avenues within the app, Instagram became very popular with brands looking to make a mark. Read on to see exactly how popular video marketing on Instagram has become.
- 66% of marketers say that their videos generate the maximum number of leads on Instagram (Hubspot).
- 64% of marketers get the highest engagement when sharing marketing videos on Instagram (Hubspot).
- 56% of brands are boosting their investment into Instagram marketing video this year (Hubspot).
- 32% of marketers believe the best way to gain leads from marketing videos is to place links to landing pages on social media video ads (Hubspot).
Facebook Video Marketing Statistics
Facebook is still the most dominant social media platform in the world and one of the top spaces for live video, which makes it a community primed for great video content. Below, we’ve gathered some important Facebook video marketing statistics to help you tailor your approach this year.
- 65% of video marketers want Facebook in their video marketing strategy this year (Wyzowl).
- 26% of marketers believe the best live video length is seven to nine minutes (Hubspot).
- 74% of brands create their market videos for silent auto-play—a feature of Facebook feeds (Hubspot).
TikTok Video Marketing Statistics
TikTok’s user base is growing at a mind-boggling rate: it’s even recently surpassed Facebook Messenger itself in user numbers. Better yet, it’s a platform completely focused on video, which makes it an area perfect for great video marketing. Take a look at the stats that confirm this below.
- 54% of companies will invest more in TikTok marketing videos this year (Hubspot).
- 33% of video marketers will put TikTok videos in their marketing strategy this year, up 13% from last year (Wyzowl).
- 58% of marketers say that short-form videos (TikTok, Instagram Reels, and YouTube Shorts) are the bulk of their video marketing strategy (Hubspot).
Video Marketing For The Future
Video marketing is here to stay. If there’s one thing these statistics prove, it’s that video marketing is an irreplaceable part of every modern marketing campaign, and it’s cemented itself undeniably in the atmosphere of real-world advertising and everyday internet use.