Video Production Process
Everyone has seen a behind the scenes or making of documentary, but the video production process is actually a lot more complex than it looks. There's a reason making movies costs millions of dollars and require huge teams of specialists. Video production is complicated, but understanding it will go a long way towards a successful production. That's why we've devoted an entire segment of our website to helping potential partners understand the video production process.
The Production Process and your Video Marketing Strategy
Understanding the process is an important first step to planning your video marketing strategy. You need to engage the right video production company, build a realistic timeline and budget, and find the perfect delivery channel. None of that is possible without first understanding what it really takes to build a successful video.
A big picture view will help you understand where you can leverage economies of scale, prepare for the parts of the project that require the most hands on attention, and recognize expertise in a potential video production partner. Understanding the delivery process will help you loop the right people into the project at the right time. Understanding the importance of post-production could help you identify a concept that would've otherwise gone untapped. Knowing what you should expect in preproduction could help you prevent a potential disaster on production day. Only by arming yourself with a knowledge of the process can you identify every opportunity, and mitigate every risk.
What are the 6 stages of video production?
The 6 stages of the video production process are:
- Discovery - Sharing your vision, and getting to know your video production partner.
- Concept Development - Finding the perfect idea to match your goals, brand, and audience.
- Pre-Production - Planning meticulously and coordinating the production.
- Production - Shooting or animating the video itself.
- Post-Production - Putting the finishing touches that keep your brand looking sharp.
- Delivery - Making any changes, and getting your video ready to show the world.