What’s it all About?
Finally, all that planning pays off! Production is one of the most chaotic, but also the most fun parts of any video project. There are a lot of moving parts to keep up with on set, but if your video production company has done their job in pre-production, you shouldn’t have any trouble once its time to execute. Production is the time when the lights turn on, and the camera starts to roll. Its the first time you get to see your concept take shape. Its also the time when a critical eye and attention to detail are the most important. Make sure your video production company has an eye for detail, and is meticulous about the images their capturing to represent your brand.
Of course, if your project is animated, production may be an entirely different experience for you. In those cases, most of the work will have already been done. You’ll have a really good idea of what the finished project will look like based on the concept art and storyboards your video production company presented to you earlier in the process. For animated projects, production usually means animators locking themselves in a dark room for several weeks making sure every frame of your video is pixel perfect.
What to Expect from Your Video Production Company
- A professional crew. At the very least, you should expect a director, director of photography, a grip, a sound engineer, and make-up artist. More complicated shoots may require even more people on set, but if you don’t have these key crew members, you’re leaving value on the table.
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- An efficiently run operation. This is where all the planning from pre-production really pays off.
- An attention to detail bordering on the obsessive.
What Your Video Production Company Will Need from You
- Your presence and participation on set. Sometimes being on set calls for adapting plans, or last minute decisions. Being there will help ensure you get the finished product you want.
- Your full attention. Watch the monitors carefully to make sure your product or brand looks the way you want it to. Barring visual effects magic, whatever the camera sees will end up in the final picture.
Just Getting Started?
Look through our list of services to find what’s right for you.